Small Laptop Audio interface recommendations?

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 10 00:44:00 CEST 2010

As part of putting together my rig to go to China, I'm looking for an audio
interface.  I don't need any inputs, just a pair of two of outputs.  My only
real requirements are sound quality and low latency.  The laptops I'm
looking at seem to only have USB so that is probably what I'll go with.  I
was going to take the NI Kore but it is just a little too big.  I'm also
thinking of dropping the Maschine from the setup and just taking a Novation
Launchpad.  The threat of theft is great enough that I'm stripping down from
my original plan.  Right now I think it is going to be:

Windows 7 Laptop with NI Komplete, and Ableton Live
Novation Launchpad
Novation SL controller
To be determined audio interface
External hard drive