FreeBSD

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 29 23:40:46 CET 2010

Op 29-1-2010 23:21, perry7 at mac.com schreef:

> aahh
>
> UNIX
>
> the product of what we in Holland call 'huisvaders'
> the goliath Bill Gates was to face as a modern age
> David
>
> sigh, me so proud to be born this time

True. The excellence of the Unix platform, and all that has been derived
or copied from it, shows from the fact that it is still as relevant as
it was at its inception: 40 years ago.

40 years! There's not an awful lot of technology of 40 years old that we
still use today. One could think of the combustion engine, or the
analogue telephone, and both are on their way out.

Me, I'm a Solaris fan. Having said that, my OS of choice at home is
Windows, right now Windows 7. Exceptionally stable, easy to use, tons of
applications and lots of little things that make your life behind a
computer just a little bit easier.

I would never run a serious server on Windows, though, just as I
wouldn't run Solaris, Linux or FreeBSD at home. It's just too much trouble.

- Peter