iPad and noise.io

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 28 14:35:30 CET 2010

Quoting Jonny Stutters <jon.stutters at googlemail.com>:
> If Martin's right about products like this appearing that aren't so
> locked down then, yeah, synthesis with a 10" touchscreen interface
> could very well rock.

Well, multi-touch has become a mainstream reality since the release of
Windows 7. At work, I have a Dell 21" screen and a HP all-in-one
computer with multi-touch to play with, they are only a little bit
more expensive than their non-touch siblings. At the same time,
there's a ton of netbooks announced with multi-touch screens and a
tablet form factor. Admittedly, none of them are quite as polished as
the iPad, but they are here, they are open, and it's really easy to
write touch-enabled software for them.

Martin