iPad and noise.io

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 28 10:56:57 CET 2010

On 28 January 2010 09:44, Jay Vaughan <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Puredata was ported .. See rjdj for example ..

Yeah, there is that, although I've yet to see an RJDJ patch that was
anything more than a toy.  Don't get me wrong, I've had fun with RJDJ
and used samples from recordings I made with it at gigs, but there's
nothing on it that I've seen that I felt like I could perform a 20
minute set with.  Also having to jailbreak and risk bricking the
device to upload my own patches isn't something I'm at all happy about
- if I had pots of money kicking around to buy iPod touches and iPads
then it'd be a different matter but I don't.  This is the whole thing
with the closedness of the platform, it's so very, very near being
really cool and then you get screwed over by the lockdown.

Jonny