The Apple Tablet...

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 27 22:08:10 CET 2010

Op 27-1-2010 21:27, Andrew Robinson schreef:

> Here's the interesting bit that nobody else seems to be focusing on:
>
> "Processor: 1GHz Apple A4 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power
> system-on-a-chip"
>
> Is it Arm-based, x86 based, or something else, and what does this mean
> for future iPhones and desktop macs?

Well, I saw that, but I don't think it really matters: Apple is selling
an appliance, not a platform as such. Now you can customise your
appliance, by choosing the software you want, but in the end it comes
down to the applications, and the tablet just happens to be the thing
you run them on.

It's an interesting concept, and I've always loved the tablet form
factor, but I'm not sure if I would be interested enough. It fills a
nice niche between desktop/laptop and smart phone, though.

- Peter