The Apple Tablet...

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 27 18:21:21 CET 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Joost Schuttelaar wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2010, at 15:21 , Gert van Santen wrote:
>
>>> The premium would be, coz it runs OS X :)
>>
>> Do you see iPhone OS as OSX?
>
> Yes.

it would be silly for it not to be the iPhone OS. This is exactly the
kind of thing the OS was created for. If it was just OSX on a tablet
it would just as non exciting as any other Tablet PC. Tablets have not
caught on because for most people there is not a real reason to use
one - plus interacting with them has been awkward. This is certainly
not just going to be the current iPhone OS, there has to be some
clever interfacing element, that's what everyone is counting on.

This article is interesting:
http://www.cultofmac.com/why-the-tablet-will-finally-be-steve-jobs-computer-for-the-rest-of-us

Though I am still hoping the tablet is geared in some way towards
being a digital canvas. They have Alias sketchbook pro for iphone but
I'm hoping that apple puts some thought into that aspect in the design.

Yay for puppet Walt Mossberg