Ubuntu studio audio problem

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 27 12:45:03 CET 2010

Quoting Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net>:
>> Except, I run a 24i, 2x 24i/o, and a 308 digital interface.
>
> Yeah I figured you were in a different league.  Bummer that MOTU
> sucks.  I used to love their gear.

I've got a similar setup here: 2408, 308, 2x 1224. I don't really
understand why people bash MOTU so much, their stuff always worked
fine for me, and they even update drivers for OLD hardware to run on
the latest Windows versions (e.g. they were among the first to have
64bit drivers for almost all their products). I'm about to receive an
8x8 and 5x5 midi interface from them, so I can tell if they work as
well...

Sure, MOTU had their issues (like the original PCI-324 card not
working with certain chipsets), but so has pretty much every other
brand. I could never get an RME card to work with an Avid video
system, for example...

Martin