Ubuntu studio audio problem

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 27 07:48:11 CET 2010

> Sadly. I do have an issue with the rt kernel on this. The mouse
> randomly
> slows to a crawl after a short time, making it crap. There is no real
> fix for this as yet I can find, but a temp fix seems to be to disable
> multi processor at boot, not great.

Mouse being stupid == IRQ assignment problem.  Got any fancy features
turned on in the BIOS?  ACPI in the way (boot with noacpi
acpi=disabled, etc. on kernel cmd line) ..

> On a plus side, latency is at 5ms.

Ubuntu Studio isn't the greatest audio DAW for linux (I believe
64studio and dyne:bolic hold that position equally) but it sure is
easy to use and maintain once you get things going, and its got a ton
of great things in the repo for playing with, audio-wise.

;
--
Jay Vaughan