Ubuntu studio audio problem

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 18 20:28:11 CET 2010

Tony Scharf wrote:
> Have you considered putting your data drive(s) external?  If they are
> just backups and long-term storage, then doing this should cut down
> case heat considerably.  This is what I have done, though I am not
> quite ready to go SSD on my main drive yet.   Waiting for the cost to
> come down just a little bit more.

What I only gone and done is to make a little PWM controller with a
speed control knob and run the case fans off that. At lowest speed the
noise is acceptable and with the core2 set to 'OnDemand', as in it runs
at a low speed most of the time, the temps are fine too, about 30-40C CPU.

When running a game or something intensive, the CPU and GFX fans spin up
faster, but that's ok.