SSL X-Patch

Larry Pham EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 17 22:17:54 CET 2010

On 2010-01-17, at 6:06 AM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

>> http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/article.asp?ID=219&T=M
>

> This looks like exactly what I need .. with this and another FirePOD,
> I can black-box everything thats in my 19" rack, something I've wanted
> to do for a few month now .. so thanks for that!
>
> I'll be checking out the local prices once it hits the stores .. if
> anyone else gets one I'd love to hear how it goes.
>
> ;
> --
> Jay Vaughan

They can't make it fast enough in my opinion :
In anticipation for it's release, I've been planning how to connect it. All my synths and outboard gear will connect to the X-Patch. I will have the Apogee Rosetta at the end of the chain so everything recorded will go through it's AD converter. I can also ditch my Motu 24 I/O along with the patchbays which has always been a great way to keep things modular but a pain to keep track of what was plugged into what. I don't own any SSL gear but I can only hope from their reputation that this will be a reliable product as it will be one of the key components in my setup.

Anyone know where I can pre-order one or two??

Larry