Happy New Year, Gang!

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 4 16:24:04 CET 2010

The Dong schreef:

> ibi sum wrote:
>> or some such thing.  There just doesn't appear to be any good reason
>> to go there - for her (for me, of course I would love to catch up with
>
> The architecture?
> e.g. Stonehenge and the White Cliffs of Dover, all made by giants!

Or the gently rolling landscape? In Austria, it's slightly less gentle.
For me, the landscape with villages tucked here and there is the most
alluring aspect of England.

> I'm sure Wales has some impressive train stations ;)

It has tons of heritage railway lines, but these are almost exclusively
with smelly, narrow gauge steam trains. There are people who like these.

It does have some impressive castles, though.

- Peter