EastWest/Quantum Leap's Orchestra VST freebie

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 3 23:27:05 CET 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 5:11 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Andrew Tarpinian schreef:
>
>> The difference between Gold and Platinum seem to be additional mic
>> positions and 24-bit sample depth. Difference in list price is $495
>> vs. $895, keep in mind I will be paying about half of these prices
>> with a discount but still a significant difference. Does anyone think
>> Platinum is worth it for someone like me? I feel like it might be
>> over
>> kill since I am not a fancy pants Hollywood composer ;) Keep in
>> mind I
>> still want it to sound as good as possible.
>
> If 'Andy Tarpinian' is an alias and your real name is 'Hans Zimmer', I
> would definitely go for the platinum edition.

dude how did you guess that?

> If not, you have to look at what you'd be using it for. If it's just
> stereo music that will be compressed to an MP3 or similar, go gold. If
> you do surround music or effects with video, go platinum. Either way,
> the difference in absolute amounts is not earth-shattering, even
> though
> it's almost twice as expensive.

That makes sense, and sort of what I thought. It's mostly for stereo
music, but I do do some soundtrack/effects stuff for video work
occasionally. Probably best to go gold and if I get a new project that
calls for it pick up the upgrade.

thx,