Supercollider

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 26 17:18:06 CET 2010

On 26 February 2010 15:56, Tony Hardie-Bick <tony at entity.net> wrote:
> At some point I'll get into SC - there's no doubt about it, it's what I've been
> looking for for decades. At that point, either I myself, or, with some help
> perhaps from your good self, will get those filters ported.

I look forward to that point.  In the meantime I'll just have to get
my s#it together and get my AFM-1 into a box with some sockets.

> SC also looks to me like the perfect platform for anyone developing hardware
> synths, assuming you can grab a suitably powerful CPU from somewhere (ARM 1GHz,
> maybe... just about), and hang some non-cheesy converters off the back of it,
> maybe add an arduino or something :)

Absolutely.  Someone's already got it running on the iPhone as a proof
of concept.  I've tossed around the idea of building a dedicated
SuperCollider box on of the low power x86 variants in a rugged
container that I could just turn up and plug in instead of having to
do the whole boot, login, load files dance before I can start my set.

Jonny