Audiogram6 (still is: Re: looking for small mixer w/ audio interface)

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 17 19:16:37 CET 2010

Hi Jonny,  thanks for replying!

>> I just found that http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music_production/interfaces/audiogram6/?mode=overview
>> Appears to be basic and useful. Local price is € 148,-
>>
>> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Well if it fits your needs then it's certainly a hell of a lot cheaper
> than the Korg Zeroes.  It doesn't look like it offers much of the
> functionality of an actual mixer though (inserts, eq, sends and so on)
> so if that's what you need I think you'll have to spend a bit more.

Meanwhile I had another close look at this thing and found out that only one of the only two mic-INs can supply phantom-voltage.
That's a clear no-go since I need to attach at least two condenser mics.
This and the only-16bit-converters make it a not so good deal.
USB would be a compromise as well.
The usefulness of the Audiogram's compressor I can't tell, neither I know wether it's analogue anyway (anything else would be useless in the context of live recording)

On the bottom line I think I'll go for the Mackie 802VLZ3 and use the MBPs internal ADC/DACs which are supposedly to be at least (I think they are better) as good as the Yamaha's.

The pay off will be the extra power supply for the mixer but then again the Mackie's circuits are for sure supperior compared to this rather cheap yamaha unit and it's much more versataile.
The local price for the Mackie currently is € 195,- not bad, I thnk.

I think I should be fine with this.

   Thanks, Michael.