Cool: Real free xbox360!

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 28 02:46:37 CET 2010

No links to dodgy pyramid sites.
My (not only, just yet) mate gave me an XBOX360 with the red ring 'o
death and a faulty dvd drive and bust controller and bought his kids a
new one with Kinect for xmas. Needless to say, it is now all working
100%, just need to remove the silly protection, for my own peace of mind ;)

To fix it, I had to free up the brushless motor on the drive and, the
hard bit, reflow the solder on the GPU and CPU with careful use of a hot
gun (I believe the reflow temp is about 120C on these, which is part of
the problem) Was a bit dubious, but it appears to have worked.

Xbox isn't very dinky or stylish though.
It's sad, I even prefer the original xbox styling!

Now, to find a WII with a dud drive and 'jump start' it...
(put in a working drive, prepare for homebrew, stick in a hard drive)