Emu Scene

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 21 19:20:58 CET 2010

On 21/12/2010 18:09, ibi sum wrote:
> The Pandora can be overclocked to 900mhz/1ghz pretty simply .. and you'd
> be surprised how much power the little thing packs .. PSX emu, not 100%
> yet (still some optimization to do), but definitely playable, and
> impressive nevertheless.

The next purchase of anything electronic is probably one of these:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/multimedia/review/2009/10/29/Western-Digital-WDTV-Live-HD-Media-Player/p1

A self-gifted xmas pressie. For many few reasons:

1) It only uses about 10W or so of power for 1080p (PC is about 200W)
2) It is already hacked and thoroughly modifiable (even optware)
3) It's tiny
4) It supports a USB DVD drive once modified (and much, much more)

OK. It's more for hacking than the reduced power consumption, but it
will pay for itself in a year of reduced elec. bill, easily, for me.
(It also replaces the xbox/xbmc quite nicely)