BIMFEST

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 18 14:20:20 CET 2010

> But are they really as big a
> deal as we keep getting told by magazines and in forums??!

In my opinion, yes.  I would definitely consider replacing all my rack gear with 2 or 3 iPads and get into using them almost completely, especially since they now all support proper MIDI.

> Big turn off for me is that whilst touch screens have their advantages, as
> soon as they start to replace tactile things like knobs and sliders, they
> just dont work for me..

Ah, but thats the rub!  I have amassed a small collection of MIDI controllers, from Faderfox to Akai, and they all just plain work with the iPad apps (right now) that support MIDI control.  Its a beautiful scene to be rejuvenating my interest in digital/software synth technology ..

> Back to the original subject of having iThings on stage - yes, YUCK!
> Hopefully I am not now banned from MB!!

Hah hah, you know how bad I feel for finally giving into my hatred of software synthesis on "computer platforms" and becoming an iPad fanboix?  Not much, coz there is actual, real, interesting, music being made .. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan