Tron: Legacy soundtrack

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 13 16:51:09 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM, ibi sum <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really want to incur everyones wrath by saying this, and I
> feel like I might, but to me it *really* seems like Daft Punk are just
> playing presets.
>
> Could it just be that factory-presets (they're big TI users,
> apparently) are getting too good these days?

I dont think its so much that they are playing presets, as it is that
there really arent many sounds left out there in the scope of the
standard OSC+FILTER+FX model that havnt been used to death.  At this
point, you cant really program your own sounds without them sounding
like someone's  preset on some synth somewhere.  And if your using a
TI?   well, damn...you might as well just use presets.   Particularly
if your working on a deadline.

Personally, ive given up on my anti-presets rage.  If the track sounds
good, you could have it slathered in standard moog basses and tubular
bells for all I care.

Tony