New Track - Karen

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Dec 12 22:22:46 CET 2010

On 12/12/10 12:37, punkdISCO wrote:
>The track is finished but if there is anything fundamentally
> wrong, it will be good to know as I would give it a little tweak..

Yeah - DISTORT the vocals!!! FFS!!! Actually, many/most on bar will disagree,
but I have *always* found it hard to deal with vocals that are clean. Like a
picture w/out a frame? I would say, the mic would be better if it was an SM58,
and if the mic technique was a bit rougher, but, given you got *such* an awesome
performance recorded, then - can you chuck it through an analogue filter - a
complete fix is: 50% exactly as is (maybe slightly remove some top end, above
7kHz) and the other 50% is sent through the MS20, on which, the HPF is set low,
with not much resonance, and the LPF is set so high it seems to have no effect,
but the resonance is turned up near max, and there's some distortion because of
that, even though it doesn't sound like there's any resonance (cos the freq is
so high).

*Amazing* lyrics - great song - and this vocalist... where did you find her...
amazing... you can sorta tell she's done no gigs, cos if she had, she'd be way
more confident ;)

Tony (HB)