Manta

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 2 22:06:22 CET 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> On 02/12/10 17:14, ibi sum wrote:
>>> However, to be really useful, there needs to be a deep connection between sound
>>> and gesture, and this device doesn't have that. You can use *any* sound :)
>>
>> The eigenharp gives me a bit more joy than this thing, in this very
>> sense of gesture.
>>

> Yeah. Both machines though, include matrices with LEDs, and although this is
> always a reconfigurable thing - I actually think the LED/switch matrix is
> somehow a major gestural interface for the future... It somehow captures the
> idea of mathematics, while being interesting for the eye.

Yea I dont understand why really but yea. What really interests me lately about these type of devices like the monome, is the total minimalistic nature. It's a rock, until you sharpen, shape or adapt it and make it a tool to fit your need. It's also people, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1tTABS_Ugs and community.