Mackie C4 controller?

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 25 23:23:45 CEST 2010

I'm a bit of a wavetable junkie, in addition to my PPG 2.3 I do have a
Waldorf Microwave I and XT.  Plus I have the PPG wavetables in a pair of my
modular oscillators.  I did a ton of reading today and think I might know
what's going on.  Considering the price on the C4 controller, it would be a
great interface for the Microwave.  I have the Pulse editor done (it comes
with one but it's junk) and the XT nad Xpander are probably next.  The Pulse
editor came out great.  I have it programmed so that it gives full text
readouts - the Oscillator says "Saw" instead of "2" and even the mod sources
and destinations have full reads.  Makes programming way fun. I wish to god
Mackie would stop mucking about and either fix the control software
(unlikely) to fix a couple small things or at least cut the software loose
into the public domain (also unlikely).  With a couple trivial changes, this
control interface could have been the best ever in my opinion.

James R. Coplin