bat sounds

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 22 13:09:37 CEST 2010

hi bar,

have you ever tried to record bat sounds? any experiences using a bat detector? anyone know the difference in sound-quality and authenticity of heterodyne and frequency division detectors? do you know any external mics that are less than 2000 EUR that are able to reach up to even 48Khz?

I made a recording last night with my H4n at 96Khz with the internal mics, slowed it down and filtered it with Max and could actually get a notion of what was going on in the ultrasonic range. some calls aren't so hi and you can hear clicks there, but only very faint. That range has potential, I would say...;-)

any ideas? experiences? pointers?

http://www.zwergfledermaus.de/neues/neues_e.htm

has a kit for a bat detector. maybe I will try that out.

best,
Kai