Please recommend: free recording software on Mac

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 12 11:22:15 CEST 2010

On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:43 , Jonny Stutters wrote:

> On 12 August 2010 09:31, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:
>> At the moment, I assume there's no audio software installed on the Mac
>> (other than what comes with the OS). Audacity sounds like a good idea, I
>> looked into that some time ago.
>
> I used Audacity for a couple of ~40 minute recording sessions a while
> ago and it didn't choke up (running on Windows on a Asus eee).  I'd
> test it beforehand but it should be ok for what you're planning on
> doing.  I can think of several other free options but Audacity's
> probably the easiest to set up and get going with.

Audacity is fine. We used it for our session and rehearsal recordings in the "early years" on my PowerBook G4.
This recordings also were between 30 to 50 minutes.
Is this for Ilona's concert?
Michael.  (and off)

--
feed your perception: http://blauwurf.at
** in the process of switching provider - might/will be offline for a while shortly **