Music from last week's gig

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 21 23:43:28 CEST 2010

On 21 April 2010 20:09, ibi sum <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://jeremah.co.uk/downloads/music/jonnystutters_opennight4.mp3
>
> I really like this.  I enjoy the ambience of it, and its wonderful
> 'brain' music .. for a musician.

Cheers Jay.  One day I'll hopefully get this to the point where I can
rock a crowd (or at least where it's only my talent in the way rather
than the gear) but I'm more than happy to settle for good brain music
in the meantime.

> I can hear the parts you were 'going for', knowing that you DIY'ed the
> rig under your own conductive process, and mentally at least I was
> jamming along with you on another channel quite a few times.

Next bar-meet.

> I found myself thinking that the only thing that was 'missing' was
> perhaps an open-mic (or video feed) for the room/environment you were
> in.  With these live jams, a bit of crowd-/ambient- noise, recorded live
> from the room, really picks up the interest.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I've got a couple of recordings of sets
done just from a room mic and the added ambience does make it more
engaging but the quality of those is kind of sucky (lot of overloads).
The recording of these things is, for me, a distant second in terms of
importance to the playing of them, but it'd be nice to get as
listenable a record as possible for the bar and other distant friends.

Jonny