new macbook pros...

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 15 20:09:32 CEST 2010

On 14.04.2010, at 21:34, Peter Korsten wrote:

>> I like the automatic graphics processor switching. Doing this manually on my 2009 model (by re-login) is usually very tedious.
>
> Automatic graphics processor switching? What's that?

there is an extra graphics card in the old macbooks too. to activate it (it's really fast with some optimized apps and speeds up many other graphics tasks too) you need to relogin.

The new macs have a better power management and do this switch when needed (among other switchings to save energy and optimize speed). This is how they manage to squeeze 10 hours of using out of the new ones.

Kai