My junk find of the month

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 10 02:23:05 CEST 2010

My local recycle point comes through again with someone dumping two
computer base units with all the parts still inside. One is an Acer
Aspire T180 (HT PC or whatever, low power consumption. When I switched
it on, the CPU climbed up to all of 19 degrees C idle anyway and the PSU
is only 250W) the other, a much older thing.

Scores a 160GB disk from the Acer, I was needing some more space.
A very good floppy bay memory card reader and USB port
(with a 64MB XD card in it)
HT2000 Mobo with an amd athlon 64 x2 3800+ + 1GB of DDR2 RAM, bunch of
good cables. One of the USB ports on the MB was blown by a short in the
front panel, but apart from that it works OK (lots of USB ports n-e-way)
PSU and all the above working, after a jolly good clean, there was about
5mm of gunk in the CPU heatsink. Very heavy smokers...
The other machine is just a celeron with 256MB RAM, two 20GB drives, a
Modem (damn, I just bought one), network card, CDRW. Not interesting.

I recovered all their deleted data as well, haha. Just 'cos.
Jeez, gigabytes of MILF + other porn. Very little work, but some law
essays and art ;)
More interestingly, lots of personal photos and info.
It's such a small town, I actually know whose computer it was.

Shuuuuuush :)

(I deleted all the data, honest)

"I was handed second hand hand.."