Uk bill ..

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 8 21:38:33 CEST 2010

Op 8-4-2010 14:21, Gert van Santen schreef:

> I'm affraid I have to conclude that no country in the world is a
> democracy. Democracy is a toy for "elected" politicians to do
> with us whatever they want and to rob us from as much of the
> money we have earned.

Except in Switzerland. :)

> Same thing here in NL. Our governments have thrown away our tax
> money for decades on things like an immense army of civil
> servants that is checking on every aspect of our lives and a
> ridiculous immigration and integration policy, while pestering
> everyone that works hard and wants to get something done.

Gert, you really should live in another country for a few years, to
appreciate the one that you live in. Because I think you don't
appreciate the Netherlands nearly enough.

For example, in Malta, which in general is a very pleasant country to
live in, the government is spending €80m of taxpayer's money to renovate
the city gate, the bombed theatre and to build a new parliament
building. This is on top of a national debt of around 66% of the GDP,
which itself is €7.2b, so we're talking a quite substantial amount here.
And lo and behold, it should be ready just before the next general
elections.

Really, look around you and see what there is. There are worse places to
live than the Netherlands.

- Peter