I promise I'll get rid of the sig

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 8 08:53:47 CEST 2010

Andrew,

Quoting Andrew Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com>:
>> If you're using .net 4, adding multi-touch capabilities to an
>> applications is a few tens of lines of code to include the multi-
>> finger
>> gestures (e.g. scale, rotate, and the various tapping options).

> The thing that is really suck in my head is yea you can give an app
> multi-touch, but is that a benefit for that app? For me it's more

The point is simply that there is no OS, driver or software barrier
against using multi-touch. It's dead simple from a software
developer's point of view.
The os is also perfectly usable with touch input. Just for the sake of
it, I typed this message using the touch screen. So with everything in
place, including hardware (e.g. the HP slate), it's up to the
developers to come up with creative ideas - whether we're talking
about the iPad or Win7.

> other applications the interface was basically counter productive. On
> the Windows side I think we should not worry ourselves with Win 7, but
> Win Phone 7 Series/Zune, that's where the innovation will appear, and

Why should there be no innovation on the Win7 front? It's a powerful
system with seriously strong development tools that is available here
and now, there is no point waiting...

Bye
Martin