I promise I'll get rid of the sig

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 7 19:33:22 CEST 2010

I see this question a lot, and it seems to come from a perceptiom that
microsoft couldn't possibly have seen touch coming.  I don't know the
technical details, but laptop touchpads have supported things like
gestures for a while.  My guess (and only a guess) is the display has
some kind of gesture sensing input driver and that if the OS doesn't
support multitouch internally, this driver will translate to something
the os does.

If the os *does* support natively, then it is the apps that you need
to worry about.  Most apps I plan to use on such a device (really, fl
studio and vaz modular only) should mostly work, at least with single
touches (gestures might confuse it).

But it doesn't matter that much.  The slate has a usb port on it, so
you can hook a mouse up for those apps that don't work right or those
that require finer work.

(I've got my flame suit on...let the iPad fanboys start fireing away)

Tony