D16 Shioitor

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 19 16:38:46 CEST 2009

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Martin Naef schreef:
>>> So... this is just a hardware controller? The sound is produced by a
>>> plug-in?
>> Maybe somebody can enlighten me, but all I found was a VST description.
>> In other words, the whole "hardware" thing is very nicely rendered images...
>
> It's a plugin, but it looks and sounds cool....

If it was hardware, I'd shell out around £1K for it, and I have no interest in
buying or using synths at this moment. Just, having it around, would be, *very*
inspiring. Particularly if it was analogue ;) (Yeah - cost around 5K...)

As for software, I think the quality gets closer to the real thing, but, whether
that's close enough for satisfaction is very variable.

Anybody else read this book?

http://tinyurl.com/mba6p5

"Perfecting Sound Forever" by Greg Milner. History of recorded music, from
Edison to Protools, via SSL.

Tony (HB)