This happened

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 11 12:44:16 CEST 2009

In my shed. Ok, not quite so dramatic:

http://disorganizedchaos.com/steel-wool-burns/

I bodged a metal cutting disc onto the wood mitre saw. They don't fit,
without bodging, or buying an unnecessary adaptor.

Works great. Cuts right through thick stainless steel in seconds and
just about anything else in the way. Only problem was I had a large
bunch of fine grade steel wool a few metres behind where the sparks
flew. Of course, I didn't know it was so easy to ignite steel!
Now I do ;)

Apart from f'ing up my supply of steel wool, no damage, maybe a few
singed patches of head hair...

Yes. On this rare occasion I did wear eye protection. I'm not thaaat
stupid. Duh :)