The things people dump..

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 8 23:51:33 CEST 2009

> One thing I don't understand, what's this obsession with a fixed ratio?
> Gears were invented for a reason.

In Scotland, it's because we begrudge the extra costs of 'many gears' ;)
In other lands, it used to be because there were no other gears than the
one ratio you got. Now, it should be about lightening the bike to
simplistic minimals, as well as finding your perfect ratio. In reality,
track racing bikes have only one gear, because the rider cruises at one
speed for 99% of the race. I think the craze comes from there a bit.

Get off and push is acceptable, even on a mtb at some points, I suppose.