Metalab gets a Laser Cutter ..

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 1 15:33:34 CEST 2009

I've built both of them. The SID was my weddinggift for one of my
friends.
But you better not just copy the panel design as much depends on the
parts you use. Since there are no panel PCB's (well, not the last time I
checked anyway) you can place the components as you want.

I like the SID a lot. Although I don't like the interface that much, I'm
still impressed how easy it is to use when you get the hang of it.

The SEQ is another question. I hate it. Midi sync is terrible, I get
lost in the menu's all the time and backing up data takes forever. Maybe
I'm just spoiled by having a P3.
I'm thinking of trying out the 8080 software and see if that works for
me...

Back on topic, there is conversion sw FPD - DXF. But it's expensive.
There is a guy on the ModularSynthPanel group that converted some files
for me some time ago.
How are you going to do the engravings?

Cheers,
ToAd