Is everyone sick?

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 28 14:19:59 CET 2009

Quoting Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com>:
>> I wished... Just wasted some time yesterday trying to get my midi
>> interfaces to work again - looks like some recent system update
>> finally killed the AMT8 drivers for good. They were rather iffy under

> Do you have an XP laptop or something laying around you could run the
> AMT from, and then use one of those 'midi over ethernet' programs I
> have seen to get the MIDI from you main VISTA machine to the the XP
> machine?   Maybe that could work for you and be cheaper in the short
> term?

There's only one other computer in the household (short of my work
laptop that runs XP indeed), and it's not in the studio. Luckily I
have the cash ready to solve the problem, so I won't need such hacks -
my time and nerves are worth something too... I just hate it when I
have to spend money without getting something new or better in return,
especially given that the AMT8 would actually be a great interface if
it wasn't for emagic/apple killing it on the Windows platform... Guess
that's the price one has to pay for staying with proven technology
(read: hardware synths and MIDI...)

Martin