Keys are so uncool

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 12 17:35:08 CEST 2009

Matt Picone wrote:
> Yes, many have.

On a slant on the 'social' network boom and likely bust...

The mistake most people in the UK (and most worldly places) have made is
to too readily give out their credentials, connections, certain
preferences, gaming/gambling habits, and much more _valuable_ data can
be harvested simply and automatically from any social site.
Even with the data protection act, the data retaining companies I've
tried to get my information removed from will not realistically do it.
They source peoples info from buying the government Polling list (which
I have not filled out, nor returned for over a decade btw. The threats
of removal are pretty dumb) then match that up with other, probably a
lot less legal, list sources.

Only a fool would trust these social sites not to someday sell off
everyone's profile information to debt collectors and double glazing
companies! You could say that in the case of debt collection, this data
should be available, but there is ample opportunity for abuse.

The modern day excuse for retaining all your data/information is that
without it, they cannot exclude you from the list, or even if they do
delete it, one of their next data sources will just add you again.
And so you are permanently on their file and no doubt your personal info
_will_ illegally be given to any old third party.

We are all doomed to a future of profiling and annoyance or intrusion.
There are only two ways to stop it.
Either everyone gives out random, false information, or the authorities
properly protect us all. Which will it be? Nor either?

;)