short docu on the chapman stick

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 5 23:35:41 CEST 2009

On Oct 3, 2009, at 1:53 PM, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> Gert van Santen wrote:
>> I've been thinking about your comment a bit, and I feel you are
>> probably right (about the excessive praise). On the other hand,
>> the film is made by his son (well, he's called Dan Chapman), plus
>> this is also done as a kind of "birthday" present (it was EC's
>> birthday couple of days ago).
>
> Before I got freaked out by the excessive praise, I was *seriously*
> warming to
> what I saw: clips of the workshop, woodshedding, literally, a good
> fifteen
> minutes of that would have been fascinating - for me anyway :)

I think it's a result of the length of it. It is like you are only
really seeing one aspect of a full documentary, a part to get you
emotionally involved in the myth. I think if it was a full documentary
all the other in depth sections would balance it out and you would be
more forgiving of the praise :)