what do you think?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 27 07:38:55 CET 2009

Joost Schuttelaar schreef:

> http://rushkoff.com/2009/11/21/radical-abundance/ (15 mins)
>
> On 'open source' P2P currencies. Made me think.

It's always funny seeing an American non-historian talk about European
history.

Anyway, I'm not much of an economist, but I do know enough of the
subject to realise that this guy is talking about of his arse.

Conspiracy theory ("no, it's not a conspiracy") mixed with some
left-wing ideas about economy, and a complete disassociation with the
fact that quite a substantial part of the human population lives in
poverty. How is somebody in Ethiopia, starving to death because the
crops failed again, going to benefit from this?

Then we get the old argument that the anti-copyright sentiment leads to
more copying. Ah yes, sure. "The abundance of genuine creative output is
declining." I mean... WTF is he on?

In short, money has existed for millennia. Every so often somebody comes
along and says: "We've been doing it all wrong for all those thousands
of years!"

I'm a great believer in evolution. If money were that flawed, it would
have disappeared by now.

- Peter