Netbooks

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 27 03:19:00 CET 2009

I have an Aspire One, and my wife as a Dell Mini 10.  Both have XP on
them, as I have just been too lazy to reinstall it.

Both are nice and light weight with good build quality.  The Dell has
a slightly bigger keyboard and an HDMI output.

I absolutely love my netbook.  On the train, I run FL Studio on it and
VAZ Modular (not at the same time though..the hardware cant hack it).
For basic noodling around it works really well.  It is so much better
than carrying around the big beast that I had, and using it just to
get into the VPN at work (where I have a full development environment
on a VM) is great.  Its 'good enough' computing.  I also rip DVDs to a
USB stick and use it to watch them on my commute.  I should just load
my music library on it, and then leave my zune at home...

Basically, I cant say anything bad about either of them other than you
cant expand the memory on the dell.  for $30, you can put a 2gb chip
in the acer which makes a big difference in performance.

Tony