Anybody want to go to Simple Minds tonight, Amsterdam, Free?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 26 20:42:24 CET 2009

Tony Scharf schreef:

> Id go for the time machine first...go forward a few decades, and then
> bring a teleporter back. That minimizes the effort.

Teleporters and time machines are the same thing, really. They just
operate on different dimensions.

> hmm..  an interesting thought:  If anyone had a time machine, the
> concept of intellectual property becomes moot.  Anything that ever
> will be invented could be snatched up, returned to a prior time and
> patented before it was invented....but nothing would be there to stop
> someone else from doing the same.

So patenting a time machine would be useless... bugger. :)

> So I would conclude that if time machines were ever going to be
> possible, we would have them, warp drives, phasers, humanoid sex
> robots and, of course, teleporters already.  Unless, of course, the
> universe protects itself from paradoxes by dumping time travelers into
> their own timelines...but thats a little bit too much thinking for a
> holiday morning before a second cup of coffee.

Thing is, if time machines were possible, they would always have
existed. All the other things tend to bump into what's currently
considered the limits of physics.

Except humanoid sex robots. Those will take 20 years at the most, but
more likely less than that.

- Peter