Anybody want to go to Simple Minds tonight, Amsterdam, Free?

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 26 18:01:54 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
>> We need teleporters, and we need them yesterday.
>
> so, like, teleports *and* time machines.  right on it ..

Id go for the time machine first...go forward a few decades, and then
bring a teleporter back. That minimizes the effort.

hmm..  an interesting thought:  If anyone had a time machine, the
concept of intellectual property becomes moot.  Anything that ever
will be invented could be snatched up, returned to a prior time and
patented before it was invented....but nothing would be there to stop
someone else from doing the same.

So I would conclude that if time machines were ever going to be
possible, we would have them, warp drives, phasers, humanoid sex
robots and, of course, teleporters already.  Unless, of course, the
universe protects itself from paradoxes by dumping time travelers into
their own timelines...but thats a little bit too much thinking for a
holiday morning before a second cup of coffee.

Tony