Liquid mix or UAD?

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 18 03:30:00 CET 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 8:58 PM, Matt Picone wrote:

>> Anyway I think I am leaning twords UAD as what I am really looking
> for is
>> quality over quantity. And UAD users care to comment on it?
>
> I get artist pricing and it's still really not worth the money to me.
> They put a load on your CPU despite dedicated DSP.

What do you think is worth the money in this category? My goal is to
get on board with some better quality effects vs the standard ones
that come with Logic, specifically compressors, limiters, eq's,
mastering tools. - I'm less concerned with the CPU offload aspect of
these hardware units, was more interested in the quality emulations.
Would I be better off skipping the hardware units and just going for a
straight software bundle like Waves or something?