Portable recorders

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 14 10:59:26 CET 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 6:43 AM, cyrille.damez at laposte.net wrote:

> On Saturday 14 November 2009 10:12:56 Andrew Tarpinian wrote:
>> Was looking at this guy - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H4N/
>> - Zoom H4n Handy Recorder
>
> I have used that fellow for recording voices (talking, not singing)
> for a
> radio show, and found the sound quality more than adequate. I
> haven't tried
> for percussion though. Wouldn't recording something akin to a kick
> drum be
> better with a special type of mike (ie with a large diaphragm) ?

sorry, I should have said not actual drums : ) More "found" sounds to
be used for percussion. I'm trying to get into really focusing on
creating drum hits using unorthodox methods to get sounds I want by
sampling noises/sound, playing with frequencies, layering etc...

Like hey dropping this telephone book on the floor will make a great
snare sound :)