Nice Knobs

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 11 18:24:28 CET 2009

> I have to agree with Jay, and building a softsynth that used space
> hardware as an inspiration would be an excellent starting point.

See also, for great amusement:

http://web.mit.edu/slava/space/interview/interview-ponomareva.htm#q9

and ..

"Our unconditional reliance on automation . . . is not a chance
mistake or a conceptual error; it is a natural course of events.
"Placing the stakes on automation" is a consequence and an inherent
part of total mistrust of an individual, the mistrust peculiar to our
ideology. The roots of this mistrust, I think, must be sought in the
period of industrialization of this country, when huge masses of
people built factories and plants by hand. ... Propaganda tried to
impose on people's minds the idea that technology decided everything.
 From this it directly followed that an individual is small and
insignificant, that he is only a tiny "screw" in a giant mechanism.
Under powerful ideological pressure two different mental patterns were
formed: the "screw" stereotype in mass consciousness and purely
technocratic thinking in the Party-state management apparatus.
Technocratic thinking always prefers a technological solution.
Therefore, they trusted "hardware" and did not trust a human being.
 From Ponomareva, The Female Face of the Cosmos"

http://web.mit.edu/slava/space/interview/interview-ponomareva.htm

;

--