Nice Knobs

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 11 10:01:07 CET 2009

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Same here. And I completely agree with him about that point on
> certain knobs as well. That is torture!!! ;-)

It's like trying to balance a snooker ball on a knife edge :)

Hey ho. I don't know much about knobs beyond my own one (ooer), but I
would suggest supporting the user interface hardware as flexibly as
possible:

e.g. knobs are cursor selectable (the one in use is in current focus)
and cursor keys inc/dec, as does the mouse wheel, as well as click drag.
User configurable inc/dec amounts with each method and shift/ctrl/alt
modifiers for changing precision (inherent support for those lucky
bastards with a logitech mx revolution or similarly endowed multi
buttoned mouse)