Acer Aspire One / Asus EEEPC + Ableton

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 28 18:17:13 CEST 2009

> Of course I know that.. I'm not as stupid as I look.
> But it's positionned (and maybe wrongly) as a wave editor, not as a
> multi track editor (and who would want to use it for that ?)

Its *not* a .WAV editor, its a sample editor.  .WAV is just one of the
many different formats it can handle.  .AIFF, .OGG, .MP3, etc.  Didn't
you ever edit an MP3 file with it?  Didn't you know its got its own
file-format for projects?

BTW, it is a multi-track editor .. we use it for that all the time!
It turns out to be very good at the job, actually ..

> What's the replacement solution ? the user friendly single .wav
> cleaner/normaliser/chopper ?

Well, its just a matter of understanding what Audacity really is .. or
use sox.  ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan