well, I made it.

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun May 24 18:05:23 CEST 2009

The Dong wrote:
>> I am in Cologn.  The jet lag is kicking my ass.
>
> Supposedly, jet lag is caused, in part, by irregular eating and sleeping
> affecting the body clock. If you deprive yourself of food just before

Well, yes, that's the definition of Jet-Lag...

> you leave, then eat the proper meal after the journey and sleeping
> (usually breakfast), the lag doesn't happen.

Doesn't work. It's pretty much what I've done for most of my recent
long-haul flights: I usually don't eat breakfast, so there's no decent
meal before most of my flights.

Best thing for me, so far, has been: Force yourself quickly into the new
rhythm, try to get some decent sleep, ease back on the alcohol
(especially during the flight - dehydration is an issue). That doesn't
stop the jet-lag from happening, but I managed quite well.

Martin