Acer Aspire One / Asus EEEPC + Ableton

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 23 10:40:30 CEST 2009

> How much synthesis do you get out of it Jay?

I can get Hydrogen, ZynAddSubFX and OMSynth all going at once .. one
voice per synth, alas, but nevertheless definitely enough to jam
with .. while seq24 is running, doing sequencing duties.  Its a highly
useful configuration, but you have to be willing to part with all the
complexities of Live and just jam with it ..

> My current set uses a
> Processing sequencer and a bunch of Supercollider instruments
> running on
> a Macbook Pro. Downsizing the laptop to a netbook is certainly
> appealing
> from a practical point of view. Also, are you using the onboard
> sound or
> an external USB audio interface?

Internal sound, which is tightly configured with Ubuntu Studio

;
--
Jay Vaughan