Eurovision

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 13 16:54:10 CEST 2009

Well , it s just the Russian-Vision ;)
Eurovision is as usual very European ...
Going to Russia for EUROvision , i think I don t get it ...
Where is China then  ?? At least it will be interesting,some  music fights
between communist against old communist ( btw what is Russia now ? ) ?
hmmm  ,.,,
+ I don t wanna know what  France is doing for Eurovision this year ( it
should be crap as always till now)  ...

Sure the Scandinavian countries are more in my music spectrum  but still I
think Eurovision is just crap music expression in general with maybe one
exception which was a good kick-in at the time  (Lordi :hard rock
halleluja ) 3 years ago or something  ...

Now it seems it s all about chicks-sex-bitches  to satisfy your eyes (at
least :P)   or Military air plane ,should I mention  soon it will be nuclear
submarines, maybe leaking  at the same time on the stage   (lol) ...

It s all about the good of planet Earth ,and musical arts in general , a
better futur for human kind  I presume ?...

Вот так ...

Cheers

 :)

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> By now, everybody knows that I rather like the Eurovision Song Contest,
> and being a regular viewer, I've seen a lot of things over the years:
> transvestites, changing acts, skirts being pulled away, monsters, rock,
> dance, opera, bad taste, terrible taste, and a lot more. I thought I'd
> seen it all.
>
> Obviously, I was gravely mistaken.
>
> When the votes are being counted, they have this act to spend the time,
> and usually it's a previous winner (which is easy, because the
> organising country would have had a winner the previous year), or some
> local artist trying to reinvigorate a failing career.
>
> This year, the Russians were the organising country, and they an army
> choir. /A freaking army choir!/ Only a few days ago, they were parading
> on the Red Square and plotting to conquer the world, and now they were
> happily singing some song about... whatever. Including a vocalist who
> I'm sure headed a gulag not too long ago.
>
> Then they got a drum/marching band (again, military) plus some people
> doing a presumably traditional Russian dance. Then they got t.A.T.u.,
> the army band was happily singing "not gonna get us", and I kid you not,
> they had a mock-up of an Su-35 jet fighter on the stage.
>
> It defied belief. I'm still lost for words, and Lenin turns in his gr...
> mausoleum.
>
> And this was only one of the semi-finals! What will they do on Saturday,
> when there's the final? Nuke Georgia?
>
> Oh, the songs. They were absolute rubbish, but my favourites would have
> to be Finland, Iceland and Sweden, purely on the basis that they had
> gorgeous blond female singers. Needless to say, they all made it to the
> final. As did Malta, incidentally.
>
> - Peter

Romain