DI box

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 12 12:08:25 CEST 2009

>   I was looking at building this ;- http://www.till.com/articles/GuitarPreamp/
> But finding the J201 JFET in the UK is turning into a nightmare, plus

I think the 2N5457 can be substituted, but...
The J201 is used in heaps of guitar circuits.
Just be glad it's not a germanium transistor ;)

Farnell has over 9000 of them for 33p in lots of 5+.
Search J201 on the Farnell site, under the JFET category.

http://www.farnell.com/

The only thing bad about that is the minimum order of £20.
I think Farnell might have some niknaks you may need to take it up to that.

> I need a regulator, supply, case, etc...

Batteries?? Sweetie tin?? J201 is not a power hog :)