Tripath TA2024

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 6 17:46:42 CEST 2009

The Dong wrote:
> These are a bit old now, but..
> Finally bought one of the evaluation boards for this class T amplifier.
> Won't get it for a week or two (China) but got it for what I feel is a
> good price (£12 or so all inc)

I've got this now. I bought it purely as a good portable amplifier.
Modded it a little (removed a few parts, jumped a few), found a casing
(this is a nice case) plugged it in to my headlamp battery.
Piccies attached.

Just need to make up some wooden boxes for the speaker drivers, which
aren't bad at all, with range up to 18kHz from about 120. They came out
of standard PC speakers, but the thin, small plastic things ruins any
performance there was for that all too common hollow sound.

It's going to sound good and work well.
Better than the iPod speaker docking shit that costs a small fortune ;)